Apologies for the cross postings . . . .
LAC Group seeks Library Technician to provide cataloging support services for large-scale cataloging and digitization initiative. Work location is Denver, CO. Position is subject to award.
* Provides support services for digital initiatives
* Provides routine copy cataloging or print and electronic resources
* Assist in using bibliographic tools, such as Library of Congress classification and Subject Headings
* Performs routine inquiries and refers persons requiring professional assistance to the librarian
* Assists Project Manager in verifying bibliographic information on all items to be digitized
* Assists with preparing materials for imaging and packing materials for shipment to offsite vendor
* Maintains and monitors an inventory of outgoing and incoming materials from vendor to ensure that all original materials have been returned
* Inspects digitized materials for quality assurance
* Perform routine clerical functions such as copying, scanning and indexing as required
* Review and add basic metadata as needed to digital objects
* Maintain statistics and reports on activities
* Other duties as required
* Associates Degree from a recognized college or technical institute with credits in library science or computer science
* Demonstrated experience providing library support services.
* Knowledge of library techniques, systems and procedures.
* Knowledge of sources of reference and bibliographic material.
* Demonstrated experience cataloging print and electronic resources.
* Experience using an Integrated Library System
* Knowledge and experience with full level OCLC-MARC format, AACR2R, and Library of Congress (LC) Classification and Subject Headings
* Ability to use and explain library facilities, including catalogs and other reference aids
* Ability to communicate ideas effectively, orally and in writing
* Ability to establish effective working relationships with all members of the project team
* Excellent customer service skills
For immediate consideration, please visit http://goo.gl/ID4cn
Also, follow us on Twitter for more exciting opportunities https://twitter.com/lac_jobs
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.