IUPUI University Library has an opening for a full-time, tenure track Digital
Scholarship Outreach Librarian. Minimum salary is $42,000 with benefits
including 22 vacation days, health/dental insurance options, and retirement
contributions to either TIAA-CREF or Fidelity plans. Final position offer is
contingent upon the continued availability of funding. The
anticipated start date is January 2013.
The Digital Scholarship Outreach Librarian is a people-focused individual who
will thrive working in a team-oriented environment to develop and coordinate
digital scholarship projects through active cultivation of partnerships with
internal and external constituents. The Librarian will assist in promoting the
Program of Digital Scholarship's services and actively disperse this message
to IUPUI and our civic partners within Indianapolis and beyond. Additionally,
the successful candidate will assume subject liaison responsibilities for the
IUPUI Department of Geography.
The Digital Scholarship Outreach Librarian will be responsible for:
* Seeking and managing received external funding to support the creation of digital projects
* Developing digital projects in collaboration with internal and external partners
* Overseeing a digitization team of 4-6 part time staff
* Working with a variety of digital management systems
* Actively communicating with Library subject liaisons to academic departments about the Program of Digital Scholarship and its possible applications in the disciplines they cover
* Developing publicity materials in collaboration with the Director of External Relations to inform target audiences and the public at large about the Program of Digital Scholarship
* Organizing small programs or conferences for digital project stakeholders to explore possibilities for collaborative projects and strategies for statewide standards, resource sharing, and evaluation
As liaison to the Department of Geography, the Librarian will be responsible
* Selecting print and electronic information resources that support the Department's teaching and scholarship
* Providing information literacy and skills instruction
* Providing research consultations upon request
* Supporting transformation of scholarly output into sustainable communication models and formats
* Participating in the provision of reference services
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Earned Master's degree from an ALA-accredited Library/Information Science program.
* Experience with digital publishing tools such as: Dspace, OJS, Fedora, Islandora, ContentDM, Drupal, WordPress, bepress, etc.
* Demonstrated service commitment
* Experience selecting and writing grants and managing successfully attained grant funds
* Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a collaborative work environment including demonstrated ability to collaborate with external partners to accomplish a common goal
* Experience collaborating with university faculty and other campus stakeholders
* Experience with collection development and information literacy instruction
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Educational background in relevant field
* Understanding of GIS and its applications
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) is an urban research
and academic health science university with 20 schools and academic units.
Located in downtown Indianapolis, a diverse and affordable mid-sized city,
IUPUI enrolls more than 30,000 students. The vision of the IUPUI University
Library is to be the innovative leader among urban university libraries. It
has a staff of approximately 80 and a budget in excess of $9.5 million.
Please forward letter of application, resume, and contact information for four
references (include name, title, address, telephone number, and email address)
electronically to Teresa McCurry at the following email address:
[log in to unmask] Applications will be accepted until September 3, 2012. IUPUI
University Library is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer that
values and encourages diversity in its students, faculty and staff.
Email [log in to unmask] to apply for this job.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1793/