This is a revised job posting. It was originally posted in June
The Northeast Kansas Library System is seeking an exceptional librarian to
lead its technology programs. Top priorities for the successful applicant will
* Lead and manage a knowledgeable and creative technology team; and work closely with other system staff in an open and team-oriented environment.
* Ensure provision of exceptional customer services to system members and co-workers.
* Seek new opportunities for technology innovation.
* Actively participate in operation of NExpress, the system's open source regional integrated library system, and other resource sharing services.
* Provide technology training to member library personnel.
* Assist libraries with technology and broadband connectivity planning.
* Participate in statewide technology programs and organizations.
* Provide other consulting and assistance to member libraries.
An ALA accredited MLS degree is strongly preferred, but applicants with a
Bachelor's degree and substantial relevant experience will be considered.
Leadership, communication, commitment to excellence in library technology
essential, and experience with and interest in the application of technology
innovation in libraries is essential. Familiarity with open source software,
and knowledge of and experience with library operations and management are
Please [see the job posting for more information.](http://www.nekls.org
The [Northeast Kansas Library System (NEKLS)](http://www.nekls.org) is one of
seven Kansas regional library systems. NEKLS is strongly committed to
innovation and progressive library service in its 14-county region, and to
participation in statewide library service programs. NEKLS is deeply involved
in open source solutions to library technology needs, including a [regional
shared catalog (NExpress)](http://catalog.nexpresslibrary.org) utilizing the
[Koha open source system](http://www.koha-community.org), and [My Kansas
Library on the Web (KLOW)](http://www.mykansaslibrary.org), a statewide public
library web site service based on WordPress open source content management
This is a full-time professional position offering a starting salary of
$45,000 - $54,000 dependent upon qualifications and experience, and an
excellent employee benefits package. The position requires some travel within
Kansas, primarily within the 14 county Northeast Kansas region.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with list of references
with contact information to [log in to unmask], Attn Director of Technology
application. The position will remain open until filled. To ensure
consideration, applications should be received by August 31st, 2012. Please
contact Jim Minges at 785-838-4090 or by email at [log in to unmask] for any
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1838/