LanguageMate (New York City) seeks a candidate to manage the strategy,
development, and deployment of content for our clinical products. This person
will possess experience in information sciences and project management,
preferably in the healthcare field.
* Provide expertise and leadership in developing metadata services for extensive health content.
* Develop and plan project roadmaps to ensure timely delivery of content; including allocating/requisitioning resources.
* Ensure that content passes rigorous quality assurance metrics and is developed in accordance with the project plan and to the highest standard.
* Manage a cohort of freelancers and utilize crowd-sourcing websites for content creation and quality assurance.
* Manage projects through development to final product, and serve as liaison with production, technology and product management.
* Contribute best practices in content design and project management.
* Graduate degree in library or information science is preferred; or the completion of significant coursework toward the degree.
* Bachelor's degree is required.
* Exceptional command of the English language.
* Knowledge and experience with metadata and cataloging standards.
* Experience searching evidence-based medicine resources, including medical/health databases: PubMed, CINAHL, Cochrane etc.
* Experience in healthcare and health sciences preferred.
* Experience managing stable of on- and off-site content creators.
* Excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills.
* Strong interest in and sensitivity to language, cultural issues, and/or immigrant rights.
* Capacity to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced dynamic environment; proven ability to execute through the entire project lifecycle.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Start-up mentality is required; must be willing to dive into the details of a project as needed, handle multiple priorities in tandem, remain cool under pressure, and gracefully cope with shifting priorities.
This is a part-time, contract position with the possibility of becoming full-
time. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The company
offers excellent health insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and
education benefits. The candidate must be authorized to work in the United
**How to Apply**
Apply to [[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask]) No phone calls
please. Send cover letter and resume as a single attachment labeled with first
and last name. Include "Content Manager" in the subject heading. Please
indicate in the cover letter where you found the job posting. No recruiters
**Equal Employment Opportunity**
Transcendent International, LLC (LanguageMate) is an equal
employment/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital/or parental
status, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veterans status, or any
other classification protected by applicable Federal, State, or Municipal Law.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1711/