**Posted by:** Grenzebach Glier and Associates (GG+A)
Chicago, IL, US
Reporting to the Director of Project Management, the Manager of Knowledge
Resources implements the firm's knowledge management strategy; supports the
firms principals and consulting staff located throughout the United States and
internationally with research and organizational projects; oversees the best
practice and procedures for our document management system; and maintains the
Fundraising Resource Center on the GG+A Web site. In addition, the incumbent
occasionally works on special projects and other duties as assigned.
**Key Responsibilities**** **
* Develop and implement a plan to capture, organize, archive, index, and make accessible the knowledge resources of the firm including internal work products (client files, resource materials, proposals, reports, correspondence, etc.), industry materials, competitive intelligence information, files on philanthropy, and related documentation.
* Facilitate and offer input into the process of transitioning GG+A's document management system to SharePoint.
* Act as administrator of the firm's electronic document management database (iManage) and develop a structure for database accessibility by the firm's staff.
* Train staff and consultants in utilizing the document management system and the role of knowledge resources in the firm. Provide ongoing document management support to staff and consultants.
* Maintain current industry awareness by reviewing media and other resources related to nonprofit development and philanthropy.
* In coordination with Marketing, maintain the Fundraising Resource Center portion of the Web site.
* Develop for regular distribution to consulting staff a listing of new philanthropic research and resource materials available.
* Respond to reference and in-depth research requests from consultants and other staff.
* Oversee management of memberships, subscriptions and other resources (both print and electronic).
* Develop best practice research processes and templates.
* Supervise Knowledge Resources Associate.
* Other projects as assigned.
**Core Competencies/Skills**** **
* Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Superb interpersonal communication skills, including impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
* Proactive, self-starter.
* Excellent time and project management skills
* Results orientation with high expectations for quality and accuracy
* Flexibility and willingness to handle new and different tasks and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
* Ability to exercise sound judgment; critical thinker, and communicative, consultative problem solver
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with SharePoint is a plus.
* Strong customer service orientation and commitment to meeting deadlines.
* Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree in Library Science or similar preferred.
* Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of the principles of organizing and indexing information.
* Experience collecting, manipulating and analyzing data.
* Experience with database maintenance and an understanding of database architecture helpful.
* Experience with developing and posting web content preferred.
* Minimum 3-5 years of work experience.
GG+A embodies a high-performance culture. It is client-centric and committed
to responding swiftly to client needs and requirements. It is a challenging
environment that seeks intelligent, self-motivated individuals who are
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/3426/