The Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) seeks a skilled, innovative,
and knowledgeable professional for the contract position of Archivist/Records
Manager in the Oliver Ocasek Regional Medical Information Center. The initial
period for this contract is 3 months with the possibility of extension. The
hourly rate for this contract is dependent upon
qualifications and experience. Priority consideration may be given to
submissions received before 10/1/12.
The Archivist/Records Manager plays a leading role in the processing and
management of all university departmental records and archival collections,
including developing policies, preparation of processing plans, accessioning,
arrangement, description, and preservation of materials in all formats and
Reporting to the Director of the Ocasek Medical Library, the Archivist/Records
Manager will develop policies and a plan for records management and for the
archives of the Northeast Ohio Medical University. He/she will work
collaboratively with campus offices regarding the retention, disposition and
destruction of records in all formats, and develops and implements uniform
arrangement and description standards to ensure that materials are efficiently
and effectively processed. The Archivist/Records Manager is responsible for
creating and maintaining finding aids, databases, and other tools facilitating
access to archival holdings. The successful candidate will collaborate with
the public relations department, the alumni office, and others to prepare for
the 40th anniversary activities. In addition, the Archivist/Records Manager
trains student workers and library staff in archival processes.
* A graduate degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution, or a graduate degree in archival studies, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Formal coursework or training in archival management and theory.
* Professional archival processing experience.
* Understanding of and commitment to nationally-accepted standards, tools, and best practices for archival processing and description.
* Familiarity with basic records management principles and current trends.
* Skill in producing finding aids using Encoded Archival Description.
* In-depth knowledge of efficient archival processing procedures.
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Familiarity with copyright issues relevant to archives.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/3432/