ITHAKA is seeking a dynamic professional to fill a new position: Senior
Manager, Marketing & Communications. ITHAKA (www.ithaka.org) is a not-for-
profit organization dedicated to helping the academic community use digital
technology to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and
teaching in sustainable ways. ITHAKA provides innovative services that benefit
higher education including JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R. ITHAKA is
headquartered in New York, NY with additional offices in Ann Arbor, MI and
What you will do:
The Digital Archivist is responsible for:
* Prepare archival records, such as document descriptions, to allow easy access to information;
* Analyze incoming publisher content packaging structure;
* Establish and administer policy guidelines concerning user access and use of materials;
* Create and execute shell scripts, data base queries and reports to process incoming batches and manage publishing content;
* Delegate problems to technical staff;
* Foster best practices in quality control of archival content;
* Create and maintain detailed publisher preservation documentation.
Environment: Windows NT, UNIX, Oracle 9.x, Documentum, Java, SQL Developer,
Java Regular expressions.
* Must have a Master's Degree in Computer Science;
* 6 years of relevant experience.
*ITHAKA currently offers an extremely competitive benefit plan including:
* Choice of two medical plans, one at no cost to the employee
* Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs
* Employer contributed pension with a 6 month vesting period…And much, much more
*ITHAKA may make changes to its benefits from time to time.
ITHAKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/3519/