Do you want to be a leader in your field at the Consumer Financial Protection
Bureau (CFPB) - a groundbreaking organization solely devoted to the economic
strength and vitality of American Families? Do you want to challenge yourself
and others? If you answer "Yes", then we have a career for you! CFPB
professionals have unparalleled opportunities to expand horizons for
themselves and for the nation. Be one of the founding members of an agency
that will make a difference in the lives of everyday American families!
This position is located in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB),
Operations Division, Chief Administrative Office. You will
establish library resource requirements and implement an integrated library
system that will serve the information needs of CFPB users. You will also
manage and administer the library and provide the vision, direction, and
leadership necessary to ensure the fiscally sound and continued operation of
This position is being filled under CFPB's excepted service authority.
Appointments under this authority will be made in the excepted service and do
not convey competitive status.
This appointment may be extended
This appointment may be eligible for conversion to a permanent position; If
made permanent, this position would remain in the excepted service.
Employee may be subject to a two-year trial period.
The following are the duties at the CN 53 level. (Equivalent to the
GS-13). If you are selected at a lower grade level, you
will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will
receive training to help you grow in this position.
The major duties of this position include:
* Assess CFPB information services, research, data acquisition, and information infrastructure needs in the areas of research, law, consumer finance, and other specialized subject matter.
* Develop an operating plan for the library that includes plans for the allocation and oversight of resources and a financial management and reporting system for income and expenditures. Establish library technology plans and coordinate the acquisition of economic, financial and other research databases.
* Establish and document policies and procedures for providing library services to CFPB library clients.
* Recommend major library acquisitions and projects, including print and electronic collections; large economic and financial research electronic databases; hardware and software applications; and other information tools to establish optimal library services.
* Advise on the use, storage, and sharing within CFPB of research databases and sets; hardware and software applications; electronic and print tools and collections; and new technologies.
* Develop an assessment plan to evaluate the effectiveness of library operations and resources.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/2598/