The Library of Virginia, the archival agency for the Commonwealth of Virginia,
is seeking a State Records Archivist for the State Records Program in the
Description Services Branch. The State Records Program is responsible for
acquiring, accessioning, arranging, describing and preserving permanent state
government records that are transferred to the Library of Virginia.
Major responsibilities of the state records archivist position include
processing collections and preparing finding aids in EAD; the creation of MARC
catalogue records; processing and preserving born digital records; providing
access to electronic records and other digital collections; evaluating the
physical condition of records; collaborating with records management staff and
consulting with state agencies; and conducting research.
* Formal training and/or experience in archives required.
* Working knowledge of archival standards, theory, and practice.
* Working knowledge of archival automation, using EAD for finding aids and online cataloging using MARC format, and applying DACS to both.
* Working knowledge of state government records.
* Working knowledge of records management theory and practice.
* Working knowledge of Virginia legal processes and state and local history.
* Working knowledge of archival conservation and preservation guidelines.
* Working knowledge of electronic records preservation and processing.
* Demonstrated ability to examine, analyze, arrange, and describe collections accurately.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
* Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a team.
* Ability to work with accuracy and within expected time frames.
* Demonstrated ability to use appropriate online databases and tools, such as Aleph and Infolinx.
* Demonstrated research skills.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/2626/