Purdue University Libraries seeks a highly motivated, innovative, and
learnercentered individual for the position of Molecular Biosciences
Information Specialist.In support of the Libraries'
strategic plan, the Molecular Biosciences
InformationSpecialist will establish collaborative
relationships with individual researchlaboratory groups and
academic centers (eg., Bindley Bioscience
Center,Bioinformatics Core Cyber Center); develop and
conduct strong user-centeredprograms to support discovery
and learning in the molecular biosciences; take aleading
role in defining and implementing user instruction for students and
facultyin the molecular biosciences as
an integral part of the Libraries' system-wideinformation
literacy program; evaluate, select, and integrate molecular
biosciencesresources into the Libraries collections for
optimal use and sharing; evaluate andprocure tools and
resources that contribute to bioinformatics research; lead in datarelated
initiatives in the Libraries Health and Life Sciences Division,
providingconsultation services in developing data
management strategies and plans, and byleveraging library
expertise in copyright, scholarly publishing,
patent/trademarkissues, and data curation.
* Masters degree from an ALA-accredited library schooland/or advanced, terminal degree in biosciences or another relevant discipline.
* commitment to engage in research and scholarship, and ability to achievepromotion and tenure.
* two years recent experience in molecular biosciences
* demonstrated interest in the applications of current and emerging technologies tomeet the changing needs of users
* strong service orientation and high degree ofcomputer literacy
* excellent communication and presentation skills and ability towork well with all levels of users and staff
* demonstrated commitment to userinstruction and to consultation with users on their information management needs
* supervisory experience
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/2408/