Anythink Support Services
Thornton, CO, USA
$46,176 - $55,441 DOE
PTO, Personal Days, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
You have the right blend of creativity and technology skills to advance
Anythink's vision in our digital, mobile, connected-everywhere world. You are
dedicated to helping people feel inspired, creative and empowered in our
online environments just as they are in our physical locations. You understand
the power of content management systems and aren't afraid of a few acronyms
(PHP, JS, JSON, XML, etc.). You love to dabble in all areas of technology and
embrace the fact that we live in a multimedia world. You combine fierce brand
advocacy with your intuitive understanding of how to support and enhance the
Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services
to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
• You have a solid foundation in web development and content strategy.
• You have a firm understanding of marketing concepts using online tools.
• You have strong editing skills and attention to detail.
• You have a thing for libraries; you're excited about your role in helping
shift perceptions of them.
• You engage well with people and are passionate about providing an exemplary
• You are a deadline-driven multi-tasker, ensuring projects are accurate and
• You take the initiative, working independently or with others.
• You inspire fun in the people around you.
• You see the big picture and understand the web's role in
promoting/supporting Anythink's services, programs and collections.
• You are Anythink's webmaster, managing the district's website through
development, content updates, user administration and troubleshooting.
• You lead Anythink's virtual library task force to help set the district's
development priorities and implement its web build plan.
• You manage the development of Ignite, Anythink's intranet, to respond to the
changing needs of the organization.
• You are a fierce econtent advocate, promoting our collections and resources,
and an explorer of solutions to increase usability of Anythink's digital
• You are a champion for seamless integration/responsive design and are always
mindful of the user experience by coordinating/conducting ongoing usability
• You are a social media genius, interacting with customers wherever they are
and staying up-to-date on the hottest new venues. You are always looking for
new ways to create compelling social media experiences for our customers.
• You encourage contributions from staff, using your keen editing skills to
ensure that all messages are clean, concise and reflect the Anythink voice.
• You collect, curate and contextualize Anythink's internal/external online
content, including photos, blogs, news stories, discussions and more.
• You are a multimedia maven; you know a video or podcast sometimes packs more
punch. You can use basic digital media creation tools to tailor a message to a
variety of formats.
• You work closely with Anythink's IT, Collection Development, and Public
Services staff and collaborate frequently with branch staff and other
• You are a project management superstar; you know how to bring the right
people to the table depending on the project and can communicate in terms they
• You are a training wizard, bringing out the best in staff; your enthusiasm
for technology is infectious.
• You love our products. You are a voracious reader, listen to a diverse range
of music, and love a good movie.
• You understand that when the pressure is on, we all work together; you enjoy
being part of the team to make it happen.
• You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an
opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
• You have 3+ years of web management experience.
• You have experience working in Drupal or other content management systems
• You have a bachelor's degree and a love for exploring new skills and
• Social media savvy required. Google analytics experience preferred.
• A working knowledge of basic video/sound editing software preferred.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize
effectively, adapt flexibly to changing priorities, and meet deadlines in a
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Optimistic attitude - we believe that anything is possible
A job with Anythink is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable
transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping our customers
have fun, whether they're sitting by the fireplace with a newspaper, surfing
the Internet, gaming in the teen room or learning something new at one of our
many intriguing and entertaining programs. As you help and inspire others, you
will also be inspired. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
Your job will involve your being "on the move" in our libraries: You will
stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds,
and lift up to 25 pounds.
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit our Job Center on our
website at www.anythinklibraries.org/job-center/jobs
REMEMBER TO APPLY BY THE POSTING DEADLINE.
For more information about this position and our library district, visit our
website at http://anythinklibraries.applicantpro.com/jobs/11631.html
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/2762/