What we do:
ITHAKA (www.ithaka.org) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping
the academic community use digital technology to preserve the scholarly record
and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
ITHAKA provides innovative services that benefit higher education including
JSTOR, Portico, and Ithaka S+R. ITHAKA is headquartered in
New York, NY with offices in Ann Arbor, MI and Princeton, NJ.
What you will do:
The Manager, Publisher Programs and Services, will play a vital role in
executing JSTOR's publisher relations strategy. The manager
will lead a team that administers a suite of programs and services for more
than 800 JSTOR participating publishers, as well as help to develop and
implement new programs and services as required, working closely with other
JSTOR units. In addition to having primary responsibility
for the account management for a designated subset of publishers, the team is
also charged with executing a communication plan for all JSTOR publishers,
which includes providing reports in an increasingly data-driven
environment. The manager also works directly with
colleagues in other internal units (particularly Finance, Marketing &
Communications, Content Management, and Technology Services) to represent the
needs of publishers and ensure optimal publisher services.
As the organization continues to grow, the manager must be willing to adapt to
change, be able to anticipate any impacts to publisher services, and work with
other units to ensure minimal disruption for publishers.
The ideal candidate is technically savvy, results-driven, and analytical;
possesses strong interpersonal skills and an ability to manage multiple
projects; and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
* Manage and execute all publisher programs and services. The suite of available programs and services includes various access initiatives, linking arrangements, and usage and data reports, all of which require knowledge of publishing platforms, fulfillment databases, and accounting software.
* Serve as the primary contact for a subset of publishers and execute general account management strategy.
* Work with Marketing & Communications to plan and implement an annual publisher communication strategy for all publishers. This includes generating and distributing journal value statements and annual revenue sharing payments.
* Serve as the primary liaison between publisher relations and internal units (Finance, Content Management, and Technology Services) who contribute to the successful execution of programs and services. Maintain a high quality of service for publishers.
* Develop annual metrics for programs and a plan to achieve participation goals.
* Monitor industry developments and identify opportunities to add new services that can enhance the JSTOR value proposition for publishers.
* Act as the Content Development project manager when problems relating to publisher services or when opportunities to introduce new ones arise. Work with colleagues in other units to provide a solution or implementation schedule and communicate progress to the publisher relations team.
* Manage and mentor a small but growing Programs & Services team.
* Travel up to 10% to Ann Arbor and Princeton offices, visit publishers and attend conferences when required.
*ITHAKA currently offers an extremely competitive benefit plan including:
* Choice of two medical plans, one at no cost to the employee
* Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs
* Employer contributed retirement plan with a 6 month vesting period…And much, much more
* Interested in joining the team?
Click the link below to locate this posting and upload and attach your resume,
cover letter and salary requirements.
ITHAKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/2891/