The Master of Archival Studies Program in the College of Information and
Mathematical Sciences at Clayton State University invites applications for a
temporary graduate faculty position at the rank of (temporary) Assistant
Professor for Spring 2013. Salary will be competitive with comparable
programs. A search for a tenure track faculty position for Fall 2013 is
anticipated to commence in Spring 2013. An individual hired for the temporary
faculty position will be eligible to apply for the tenure-track position.
The individual will teach three graduate courses per semester in a
synchronous, online environment. Course topics will include archives, records
management, and archival technology. Because the program emphasizes digital
archives, applicants must have a strong background in information technology.
Strengths in records management; reference, access, and outreach; and digital
preservation and curation are desirable. The temporary position will support
the development of the program, but does not require research or other service
as expected of tenure-track faculty. The position is based in Morrow, Georgia,
fifteen miles southeast of Atlanta.
* An earned terminal degree in one of the following areas: archival studies, library and information science, information technology, public history, or another closely related field.
* Candidates having an advanced degree in one of the above fields and significant recognition for substantive and distinctive contributions to the field of archival studies or digital curation may also be considered.
* Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States by the time of appointment.
Additional, desirable qualifications:
* Certification by the Academy of Certified Archivists or the Institute for Certified Records Managers strongly preferred.
* Doctorate in archival studies, library and information science, information technology, public history, or another closely related field.
* A record of or potential for distinguished graduate teaching directly related to archival studies.
* The ability to engage students in online courses.
* Three or more years' experience as a professional archivist or records manager.
* Evidence of current involvement in scholarly research.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/3015/