Truman State University seeks a Digital Collections Librarian to build and
maintain its digital collections. The successful candidate will manage the
current digital library ( http://digitallibrary.truman.edu/), assist with the
development of an Institutional Repository, and work with the campus community
on preservation of the institution's digital archives. Responsibilities
include identifying, evaluating, and implementing appropriate software and
hardware for the digital collections; identifying and implementing appropriate
metadata standards; writing and maintaining policies and procedures; promoting
collections to the University community; and identifying opportunities for
growth in the digital collections to meet Truman's information needs.
* Education: Master's degree from ALA-accredited library school or equivalent in education and experience.
* Knowledge of technology trends, including metadata standards and digital capture standards.
* Knowledge of digitization best practices.
* Demonstrated oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Flexibility in environment of rapid change.
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Working experience with digital collections.
* Knowledge of Dublin Core and LCSH.
* Familiarity with intellectual property issues.
* Familiarity with trends in digital preservation.
* Experience creating, organizing, and managing digital collections in an academic library setting.
* Experience with web design, including HTML and CSS.
* Experience with integrated library systems; experience with collection management systems, especially Greenstone and/or Dspace.
* Experience implementing and troubleshooting open-source software programs.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/3148/