The Frances Loeb Library is part of the dynamic and energizing environment of
the Graduate School of Design. The GSD offers an exciting setting for
interaction and the exchange of ideas through the combination of disciplines-
architecture, landscape architecture, and urban planning and design-together
with the research of our studio-based as well as MDes and Doctoral programs.
We are seeking an energetic and forward thinking individual work as part of a
team to support research, teaching, and learning at the GSD.
* Reporting to the Librarian/Assistant Dean for Information Resources, this position oversees the gathering and management of data and content produced as a result of GSD courses, in all formats - geo-spatial, CAD formats, visual, and written documentation - through outreach to faculty, students, and specific GSD courses.
* Working with the Collections and Outreach Librarian, Special Collections Librarian, Digital Resources Librarian, manages the data and content, developing strategies for archiving the data, and making it available again to the GSD for re-use.
* Participates with other Loeb Library librarians in services of research and instruction, with a focus on born- digital GSD content, and the creation of digital content in various formats.
* Works with other Harvard Library units (such as the Harvard GeoSpatial Library, the Center for Geographic Analysis and the Special Collections Affinity Group) to generate best practices in data archiving.
* Coordinates efforts with the other Loeb Librarians. Works with the Manager of Instructional Technology, other Library staff, the GSD Computer Resources Group, and other staff across campus to develop tools for use of multi-media in pedagogy.
* Works with faculty to enable use of data in teaching.
* Bachelors degree and 2-4 years' experience working in a library, or in academic computing or academic technology;
* Demonstrated subject expertise in one or more subject areas: architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning;
* Demonstrated knowledge of multiple file format types, including various CAD formats, GIS, video and their use within the subject areas of the GSD;
* Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills required.
* MLS preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in archiving, data management, and digital preservation.
* Demonstrated knowledge of various metadata schema; cloud technology.
* Demonstrated understanding of design work.
* Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of constituents;
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and/or team environment;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; flexibility and creative problem solving skills required.
* Desired skills: knowledge of XML, Java, APIs, and user interface toolkits of major mobile platforms.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/3302/