This position is located in the Digital Services Division, Smithsonian
Institution Libraries,reporting to the Head, Web Services Department. The
employee provides a wide range of assignments throughout all phases of the
digital library development life cycle. The employee is responsible for
technical development, coordination, administration, management and
maintenance of various internet and intranet web-based technologies and
* Provides implementation support for web applications and services such as site search engines, security testing, usability testing, search engine optimization, and integration of emerging web applications and technologies.
* Develops or uses available APIs and web services to search, consume and interact with third-party data that follows library and W3C standards.
* Serves as an IT Specialist performing a wide range of web development, associated database design, data integration, and web support activities.
**HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:**
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications
described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be
evaluated further against the following criteria:
* Ability to develop, maintain, configure, monitor, troubleshoot and manage web services such as site search engines, dynamic web/database applications, security testing protocols, and link checking tools.
* Ability to support the use of 'Web 2.0' applications such as blog, podcasting, or videocasting applications and ability to develop or use APIs and other web services to search, consume and interact with third-party image and video sharing sites.
* Knowledge of database design, data modeling and parsing, database management, and data integration and interoperability.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4050/