Colgate University Libraries seeks a creative and user-oriented librarian to
serve as Instructional Design and Web Librarian. Reporting to the Chair,
Reference and Instruction Department, this person will support the integration
of instructional design and information technologies into library services,
co-chair the Libraries' Web Committee, and participate in reference and
instruction. She or he will be familiar with instructional design principles
as they apply to the teaching and learning process and the Libraries' online
presence, and with usability studies and assessment.
The successful candidate will collaborate with library colleagues, information
technologists, and teaching faculty in a combined library and technology
center with cutting edge technology.
Qualifications: An ALA-accredited master's degree and two years' experience or
an equivalent master's degree and two years' experience working in an academic
or research library setting. All librarians at Colgate are expected to lead
and work in a collaborative environment, to possess a strong public service
orientation, to communicate effectively, to manage projects efficiently, and
to work some evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
The successful candidate will possess the best combination of the following:
* Knowledge of and experience in applying instructional design theory and principles
* Experience with assessment, including usability studies
* Proficiency with one or more scripting or programming languages
* Experience in developing web applications, online tutorials, or digital learning objects
* Experience working in a content management system and familiarity with XHTML, XML, PHP, and relational databases
* Background in the humanities
* Reference and instruction experience in an academic or research library
* Ability to analyze data and make decisions based on national and local trends
* Additional information about Colgate University, the Colgate Libraries, and the full job description can be found at http://exlibris.colgate.edu/joinus.html
Review of application materials will begin on Nov. 16, 2012 and continue until
the position is filled.
Colgate is a highly selective private liberal arts university located in
Hamilton, NY, and is an EO/AA employer. Developing and sustaining a diverse
faculty, staff and student body further the university's educational mission.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with dual career
considerations can find postings of other employment opportunities at
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4012/