Reporting to the Associate Dean for Research and Informatics, the Research
Environments Librarian will participate in University Libraries efforts to
integrate the library, its services and resources, to Virginia Tech's research
enterprise. Virginia Tech University Libraries is looking for a service
oriented, energetic, motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to
work in a team-based environment to advance its strategic directions, goals,
* MLIS from an ALA-accredited program or equivalent advanced degree.
* Experience managing digital projects.
* Experience with DSpace, Fedora, or other repository software.
* Knowledge of metadata for digital curation.
* Familiarity with scholarly communication, information/data management policy issues, and semantic web technologies.
* Knowledge of trends in higher education.
* Excellent communication and project management skills; ability to set priorities and make deadlines.
* Background in computer science or experience with computational methods and techniques.
* Supervisory experience.
* Experience leading teams.
* Experience with digital curation services.
* Experience with grantsmanship, including proposal development and grants administration.
* Record of professional involvement.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4019/