**Posted by:** UNICEF Internet, Broadcast and Image Section, Division of Communication, UNICEF
New York, NY, US
UNICEF NYHQ is looking for a Video Archivist to manage and catalogue the
extensive video library for the organization, as well as all multimedia
content in all possible formats. The candidate is also responsible for all
supporting documentation attached to each video and will work with producers
to facilitate and expedite their retrieval of video materials for their video
* * Fulfil research request as they arrive.
* Maintain our hosted self-service distribution system.
* Group files by production and topic.
* Metadata entry including keywords.
* Maintain our extensive film and tape collection.
* Continue the implementation of cataloguing, shelving, and tracking of our assets.
* Review current information in the database and add to it as necessary while advising on improvements to database system and archiving process
* Digital capture from tape in various formats.
* Compression of video files.
* Familiarity with Final Cut Pro in a shared storage configuration.
* Work on UNICEF premises
* May be asked to work weekends
* May be asked to travel
**Qualifications or specialized knowledge/ experience required**:
* Experience organising and maintaining libraries and archives
* Experience logging and retrieving information from tapes
* Basic knowledge of library science and cataloguing standards
* Excellent organisational skills
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4096/