The [Northeast Kansas Library System](http://www.nekls.org) (NEKLS) (based in
Lawrence, KS) is seeking a systems administrator to work as a member of our
technology team to provide superior customer service to member libraries in a
14 county region in Northeast Kansas. The systems administrator will manage
the servers, networks and software for technology services of NEKLS.
NEKLS is a progressive regional library system that emphasizes open source
software solutions, development of new technology based services, and
cooperation with other regional library systems and the State Library of
Kansas. Among the NEKLS technology programs are:
* [Regional shared open source catalog](http://catalog.nexpresslibrary.org) using the Koha software platform.
* [My Kansas Library on the Web](http://www.mykansaslibrary.org) hosting service utilizing Wordpress content management software and cloud hosting.
* [Digitization service](http://history.nekls.org) using Kete open source software.
* Technical support for member libraries
Successful candidate must have knowledge of and experience with the
administration of Linux operating systems, and the strongest possible
combination of the following:
* Knowledge and experience with software development, including version control, documentation, and sound security practices
* Ability to work collaboratively and positively with individuals and groups, both on site and remotely; with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to work independently and with initiative as needed.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
* Knowledge and experience with computer applications in a library setting
* web servers Apache and nginx
* experience with HTML5, Drupal, WordPress, Koha, and Kete a plus.
The Northeast Kansas Library System offers a supportive and collaborative work
environment with a desire for exploration of new approaches to technology
Salary range of $48,000 to $56,000, dependent on qualifications, with
excellent employee benefits package including fully paid health, dental and
vision, insurance; State pension plan plus deferred compensation plan; and
four weeks paid vacation.
Applications accepted until position is filled. To ensure consideration,
applications should be submitted by **November 9, 2012** to tnelson (at) nekls
(dot) org, attn. systems administrator search.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/3728/