This is a one year subcontractor term appointment with the possibility of a
second year engagement.MIT Lincoln Laboratory (MIT/LL)
Knowledge Services is seeking an experienced professional for the position
ofArchives Media Specialist
subcontractor. Supervised by the Lincoln Laboratory
Archivist the Archives MediaSpecialist
is responsible for much of the day to day work involving films, photographs,
negatives, audio recordingsand other media materials held
by the MIT Lincoln Laboratory Archives and Technical
Communications. Thisposition is part of
the MITLL Archives Team working with both Archives staff and in collaboration
with Technical This position emphasizes
organizational and communication skills and provides
excellentopportunity for professional
growth. Materials relate to the Laboratory's mission areas:
space control, air and missiledefense technology,
communication and information technology, IRS systems and technology, advanced
electronicstechnology, homeland protection, and air traffic
• Appraise, process, plan, describe and implement conservation measures for
audio-visual materials heldwithin the Archives and
Technical Communication's historic photograph and negative collection.
• Develop workflows for processing and cataloging as well as recommend systems
for prioritizing materials fordigitization.
• Develop workflows and procedures facilitating the inclusion of born digital
audio-visual materials intoarchives to be similarly
• Archival research on intellectual context for audio-
• Assist in Archives areas outside of audio-visual materials including some
reference, copy requests,acquisitions, exhibits, and other
• Work cooperatively with Archives and Technical Communications staff and
vendors to ensure that allelements of describing,
cataloging, and preserving AV archival materials is completed efficiently.
• Education: Master's degree in library science or history,
or B.A. and two years relevant experience.
• Experience working with multiple audio-visual formats in a library or
archives environment, working with film,video, photographs,
and digital formats.
• Highly capable or working with media technology including projectors,
splicers, video players, audio reelplayers.
• Experience using asset and/or archives management databases for describing
• Evidence of excellent organizational and communication skills
• Candidate must be a highly motivated, dedicated, curious, and enthusiastic
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to lift 40-50lb. boxes.
• U.S. citizenship and an ability to acquire a U.S. Department of Defense
security clearance are required.
• Experience with project management or long-term projects execution
• Experience with Adobe Lightroom and Bridge
• Knowledge of photographic history, recording technology, and audio-visual
• Experience handling sensitive and/or classified information.
Please reply to:
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
244 Wood Street
Lexington, MA 02420-9176 USA
email: [log in to unmask]
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/3686/