This is a full-time postition with CACI, a contract position with the Library
The ideal candidate will have the capability to engineer automated test suites
using a modern programing language (Python, Ruby, Java, Go, etc.) and has
experience in using a software testing framework for testing web applications.
Works directly with development team to understand and develop requirements,
user stories, test cases and documentation. The candidate will participate in
all phases of the software development life cycle. The ideal candidate will
have extensive experience with Linux and open source software. The candidate
will provide QA leadership and guidance for the development team, organizing
and tracking QA tasks among other developers as well as themselves.
Utilizes open source test frameworks to build robust, scalable, and effective
automated test suites to detect software defects. Responsible for writing
software to test core functionality of systems.
Responsible for developing and maintaining a test case repository of
functional regression tests and automation coverage. Develop code necessary to
complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame. Writes,
modifies, and debugs software for client applications. Identifies and reports
problems in new and existing software. Recreates reported software problems to
facilitate root cause identification and suggests possible solutions. Builds
and deploys latest development code in a QA environment to continually test
the latest software fixes and feature additions. Assist in the preparation of
internal software design documentation and software release notes. Uses
deployment frameworks (such as Fabric) to automate deployment to QA servers.
Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for
implementing. Performs stress and performance testing using open source tools.
Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan
development. Supports completed software throughout the software development
life cycle and in production. Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge
and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools,
programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational
opportunities, and reading professional publications. Assists in the training
of less experienced software development staff and may act as a team leader on
less complex projects.
* Requires a Bachelor of Science degree or (equivalent years of experience per the GSA schedule) and five to seven years of related experience.
* 3-5 years of software testing experience with testing complex applications written in a modern programming language.
* Must have the ability to engineer automated tests using a modern programming language. (Python, Ruby, Java, Go, etc.)
* Must have worked with defect tracking and reporting tools.
* Ability to test software releases during the product development phases. Able to design test procedures independently.
* Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to work independently throughout all phases of the software development life-cycle
* May lead design/programming teams.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently or under only general direction.
* Tests, debugs, and refines computer software to produce a high quality product.
* Translates detailed design into computer software.
* Prepares required documentation.
* Enhances software to reduce operating time, add functionality, or improve efficiency. Provides technical direction to other programmers, as needed.
* Experience in writing manual test cases.
* Experience with Selenium, Trac, Jira, Python or Java is a plus.
Minimum/General Experience: Strong experience in applications programming on
data-base management systems, knowledge of computer equipment and ability to
develop complex software to satisfy design objectives. May lead
design/programming teams. Demonstrated ability to work independently or under
only general direction. Minimum five years experience.
Functional Responsibility: Analyzes functional business applications and
design specifications for functional activities. Develops block diagrams and
logic flow charts. Translates detailed design into computer software. Tests,
debugs, and refines computer software to produce the required product.
Prepares required documentation. Enhances software to reduce operating time,
add functionality, or improve efficiency. Provides technical direction to
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline. (or equivalent
years of experience per the GSA schedule)
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/3770/