PSU Lamson Library is seeking a tenure track librarian to provide metadata
expertise and serve as the primary resource on MARC and non-MARC metadata. The
Metadata Resources Librarian joins the Digital Projects Librarian in a team
working with other departments across campus, guiding the selection and use of
metadata schemas for the University's evolving digital
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
* Graduate degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution.
* Minimum of two years practical experience with non-MARC metadata in a library environment.
* Significant experience with XML-based standards (e.g. Dublin Core, MODS, VRA Core, METS, PREMIS).
* Professional or paraprofessional cataloging experience in an academic or research library.
* Knowledge of current cataloging rules and standards including AACR2rev, LCRI, LCSH, MARC formats, RDA and the Library of Congress subject headings and classification system.
* Demonstrated leadership or project management experience.
* Familiarity with Content DM or other digital repositories.
* Awareness of current issues and trends in metadata and digital library development.
* Experience using OCLC Connexion and WorldCat database.
* Aptitude for complex, analytical work with attention to detail.
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills and flexibility.
* Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure that departmental and library goals are realized.
* Experience with an integrated library system.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
* Ability to meet the PSU's criteria for advancement and promotion.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
* Significant experience in the transformation of XML documents using XSLT.
* Experience using MarcEdit.
* Experience with loading records and batch processing of records.
* Experience providing reference and library instruction services in an academic library
* Familiarity with archival description and best practices.
* Background in Science for liaison duties with departments and familiarity with terminology for IR metadata.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/3821/