Kenyon College invites nominations and applications for the library's
Electronic Resources Librarian position. This position, reporting to the
Director of Library Services in the Library and Information Services (LBIS)
division, serves the faculty, students, and staff of the college by managing
the acquisition, access, and overall administration of the library's licensed
The Electronic Resources Librarian maintains timely, accurate data about these
resources in a variety of systems presently or potentially deployed, such as
the link resolver, integrated library system, discovery tool, and electronic
resource management system. The Electronic Resources Librarian works closely
with others to integrate practices and workflows. The successful candidate
also works regularly with other library staff in a highly collaborative and
supportive environment, as well as with our partners in The Five Colleges of
This position provides leadership in the rapidly developing realm of
electronic collections and manages the library's electronic resources
including e-journals, research and reference databases, e-books, online sound
and multimedia databases, and other electronic document collections. The
Electronic Resources Librarian also provides reference and instruction
services to students and faculty.
* Coordinates and manages the selection, acquisition, payment, and activation of electronic resources including license review and negotiation in consultation with the collection development librarian and relevant liaison librarians.
* Establishes, maintains, and troubleshoots access to electronic resources.
* Collects and analyzes usage statistics for electronic resources.
* Maintains accurate, timely holdings data in the library's knowledge bases, including the link resolver, integrated library system, proxy server, OCLC, and other systems.
* Maintains awareness and engagement with emerging trends and technologies in electronic resource management.
* Investigates and compares vendor products and offers, establishes and maintains effective vendor relations, negotiates and documents license terms and pricing, and collaborates with consortial partners when beneficial.
* Represents Kenyon in performing collaborative work and creating policies for the Five Colleges of Ohio consortium (Oberlin College, The College of Wooster, Kenyon College, Denison University and Ohio Wesleyan University); maintains close communication and working relationships with consortium colleagues; travels between Five Colleges as necessary.
* Assists patrons with their research at the reference desk; includes evenings and weekends.
* Participates in the academic department liaison program.
* Provides instruction sessions as requested or required.
* Participates in LBIS committees, task forces, and teams as appropriate.
* Other duties as required.
* Master's degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited institution by job start date.
* Minimum of two years of acquisitions, serials, or electronic resources experience, preferably in an academic or research library including:
* Knowledge of trends and applications in electronic resource management
* Experience with link resolvers
* Experience with Innovative Interfaces' Millennium or other integrated library system
* Experience with vendors and content providers, including subscription agents, publishers, and library consortia
* Experience with and/or understanding of institutional scholarly repositories
* Practice setting up an ERM and gathering statistics for electronic resources or experience with an electronic resource management system (ERMS)
* Experience implementing COUNTER and SUSHI statistical standards
* Knowledge of copyright best practices.
* Ability to balance multiple projects and set priorities in a time-sensitive environment.
* Demonstrated aptitude for detail oriented work; strong problem solving skills; the ability to balance multiple priorities and effectively meet deadlines.
* Willingness to learn new processes and procedures; ability to take direction as well as to provide direction to others; flexible and positive attitude.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/3835/