The Information Management Services group in Knowledge and Library Services at
Harvard Business School seeks an experienced Information Management Program
Manager who will be responsible for planning, assessing, implementing, and
improving Information Management Services (IMS) work through projects and
activities. This includes coordination across four practice areas (metadata,
taxonomy, search, and analytics), analysis and strategic planning, and
development of key project deliverables. The IM Program
Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the programs and
services of the IMS unit and will be the primary customer liaison for all IMS
initiatives. He/she will champion information management
strategy and accepted practices throughout Harvard Business School by
developing communication strategies, delivering projects, and continuously
assessing and improving the HBS IMS process lifecycle.
Reports to the Director, Information Management Services.
Participates as part of the Information Management Services team, and with the
KLS Information Lifecycle Manager. Coordinates and works closely with the HBS
Information Technology Group and HBS Marketing and
Communications. Works directly with various internal
customers across HBS to ensure their information management needs are met and
project deliverables are produced leveraging the IMS suite of products and
services. Works with peers in Knowledge and Library
Services to educate them about new information management work and train /
provide assistance with using IM tools and techniques. Pre-employment identity
and criminal background screening will be conducted.
* College degree required, preferably in Information Management, Information Architecture, or Information Science. M.L.S., M.I.S, or equivalent degree preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience managing information management, information architecture, or information services projects and/or programs.
* Strong negotiation, communication skills (both verbal and written), and problem solving skills are required.
* Must be able to present information management topics to customers and partners in terms they can understand.
* Excellent analytical and process management skills required.
* Proven project management skills, including experience working with cross-organizational teams required.
* Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working both independently and as a team member and working with staff at various levels of the organization.
* Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams.
* Ability to take initiative and act independently while seeking input from subject matter experts as needed to make solid program recommendations.
* Ability to understand and balance user, business, information management practice, and IT needs at the program and project levels.
* Ability to think creatively and come up with innovative solutions to challenges.
* Solid understanding of information and knowledge management and architecture principles and practices is desired.
* Experience with content management processes, taxonomy and metadata management tools, and change management processes desired.
* Familiarity with standards and best practices in the areas of metadata management, tagging strategies, taxonomy implementation, findability and search, and analytics and KPI management desired.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4481/