Minnesota State University, Mankato Memorial Library seeks a flexible,
innovative, service-oriented individual to serve as Digital Initiatives
Librarian. This position is part of a
team that provides leadership and direction for the planning, development,
implementation, growth, and maintenance of a program to serve the digital
repository needs of the Library and university. The program
and initiatives will encompass digitization and preservation of a wide array
of digital collections, including but not limited to: local unique materials,
university electronic records and websites, and the digital scholarly output
of university faculty, staff, and students which includes electronic theses
and dissertations and research datasets. Within the Library
the Digital Initiatives Librarian will work closely with the University
Archives, Systems, and Technical Services units. This
position will also work with IT Services, the Graduate Office, the University
faculty and others to successfully develop and implement a successful digital
repository. Responsibilities include identifying,
evaluating, and implementing appropriate software and hardware for the digital
collections; identifying and implementing appropriate metadata standards;
writing and maintaining policies and procedures; promoting collections to the
University community; and maintaining a current knowledge of scholarly
communication issues. All library faculty serve on teams as
a subject liaison to one or more disciplines/programs, with responsibility for
collection development, library instruction sessions and the development of
class and subject guides; share in weekend reference responsibilities and
providing introductory library instruction sessions; contribute to Library
Services Department committees/activities; and may participate in university
governance through membership on committees and task
* Master of Library Science Degree (MLS) (or related Master's Degree) from ALA-accredited program (degree requirements completed by August 19, 2013)
* Experience with digitization standards and workflows in an academic library setting.
* Second subject Master's degree (required within three years for tenure).
* Experience managing or administering a digital repository or digital asset management system
* Experience planning, coordinating, and implementing effective programs, complex projects, and services.
* Experience with metadata standards (MARC, Dublin Core, METS, etc.)
* Experience with scripting languages (PHP, XSLT, Java, etc.)
* Experience with one or more markup languages (HTML, XHTML, CSS, etc.).
* Experience providing reference and instruction services
* Experience with collection development
* Experience developing class and subject guides, such as LibGuides.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with a strong user-centered service orientation.
* Ability to engage in scholarly and professional development activities at the level necessary to meet requirements for tenure and promotion.
* Knowledge and/or experience with records management programs
* Demonstrated success collaborating with academic faculty, programs, offices or organizations.
* Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4570/