Technology-Enhanced Spaces Support Specialist
University of Illinois Library at Urbana-Champaign
Position Available: Position available immediately. This is a 100%-time, twelve-month appointment Academic Professional position.
Duties and Responsibilities: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks an innovative, collaborative, and service-oriented professional for the position of Technology-Enhanced Spaces Support Specialist. The Technology-Enhanced Spaces Support Specialist works collaboratively on the development and implementation of technology equipment, software profiles, programs, training and other services at the Library that support technologically intensive research and teaching as well as the creation and use of media in teaching and course-related activities. This position reports to the Manager of Workstation/Network Support in the University Library's Office of Information Technology, and works closely with the Scholarly Commons Coordinators, the Media Commons Coordinator and the Media Commons Technology Manager in the Undergraduate Library. The Technology-Enhanced Spaces Support Specialist participates in related Library and campus committees and ad hoc groups and serves as a resource for other Library units, including the Scholarly Commons and the Undergraduate Library Media Commons.
* Consult with Library faculty and staff on the development of the technology program including appropriate facilities, technologies, and training;
* Serve as liaison with other IT managers on campus to consult on technology-enhanced environments;
* Responsible for the specification, installation, management and support of all technology in the Scholarly Commons and Library teaching spaces and conference rooms, including those with projection equipment, computers, wall-mounted displays, and for digital scanning equipment;
* Work closely with the Scholarly Commons Coordinators, Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction, Staff Development and Training Librarian, and Library IT working groups to determine how technology (hardware and software) will be implemented, secured, supported, and enhanced in these spaces;
* Responsible for machine image collection and distribution as well as hardware installation and maintenance in these spaces;
* Determine equipment replacement life cycle;
* Manage software licensing for non-standard software in all spaces;
* Develop and deliver training sessions on Library learning spaces technology use;
* Manage Library loaner equipment pool;
* Assists Grainger librarians and Center for Academic Resources in Engineering (CARE) staff with multimedia and classroom technology needs.
Qualifications: Required: Bachelor's degree in an information-technology related field; One or more years of experience in information technology support in an academic environment; Experience with Windows 7, Active Directory, group policy management, Microsoft Office products; Experience managing and maintaining technology-enhanced learning spaces; Demonstrated ability to work with new software and technologies; Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with a variety of staff and user groups; Successful experience working in a collaborative environment; Physical ability to lift 50 pounds. See https://illinois.edu for Preferred:
Salary and Rank: Salary commensurate with credentials and experience.
To Apply: To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For questions, please call: 217-333-8169.
In order to ensure full consideration, applications and nominations must be received by November 26, 2012. Interviews may occur before the closing date; however, no decisions will be made prior to the closing date.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Beth S. Woodard
Staff Development and Training Librarian Office: (217) 244-1882
University Library, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Voice: (217) 244-1882
446 Library, 1408 West Gregory Drive Fax: (217) 333-1116
Urbana, IL 61801 Email: [log in to unmask]