The Adams State University's Nielsen Library is currently seeking applicants
for an Emerging
Technologies Librarian. This position is responsible for
the identification, evaluation, and
implementation of current and emerging technologies. This
position also provides reference
assistance, subject expertise in an academic area, acts as liaison to the
department and the Marmot library consortium, and serves on library and campus
The Emerging Technologies Librarian may supervise work study students and
employees on a periodic basis. This position reports to the
Summary of responsibilities
* Evaluate and implement emerging technologies for library services and staff productivity.
* Create, maintain, and improve library web-pages.
* Coordinate the management of library laptops and CPUs-both hardware and software.
* Assist in the development of research tools such as LibGuides.
* Serve as liaison to ASU's Computing Services and the Marmot library consortium.
* Provide reference assistance 8-10 hours per week, occasionally more.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* High level of commitment to customer service and teamwork
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to think logically and to problem solve
* Comfortable with detail work
* Master's Degree in library science from an ALA accredited program
* Current examples of personal or institutional web site work
Academic library experience; experience with database and/or content
troubleshooting hardware and software; experience with Windows, Microsoft
various e-mail programs; experience with Interlibrary Loan and Cataloging
programs such as
OCLC, CLIO, and Odyssey; experience with ILS and OPAC using
Innovative Interfaces and
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4597/