The Fetzer Institute announces an opening for a Digital Asset and Knowledge
Manager to assist in collecting, archiving, storing, and analyzing materials
produced by the Institute's programs. Specifically, the incumbent will be
responsible for developing electronic systems to collect, analyze, and present
materials to further develop the future strategy of the Institute's mission
and work. Qualified applicants will possess a master's degree in information
or library science or a relevant discipline and a minimum of five years'
The purpose of this position is to draw up innovative insights from the data,
make visible new connections, bring to light heretofore unseen links between
and among domains of knowledge and collections of facts, generate new
associations between bodies of fact, spark new questions, create designs that
model new hypotheses, and bring to light what is latent to enable leadership
to direct future strategy of the Institute.
The Fetzer Institute is a private operating foundation with an endowment of
approximately $420 million that supports its mission "to foster awareness of
the power of love and forgiveness in the emerging global community." The
Institute was founded by John E. Fetzer (1901-1991), a broadcast pioneer and
owner of the Detroit Tigers, who was deeply influenced by many spiritual
traditions and who held a keen interest in the relationship between the inner
life of spirit and the outer life of service in the world. The Institute
comprises a board of trustees, a staff of 67, and 16 advisory councils that
help shape its work. For more information on our advisory council structure
and recent work, go to [www.fetzer.org](http://www.fetzer.org).
The successful candidate will possess:
* A master's degree in information or library science or a relevant discipline and a minimum of five years' experience working with information systems, technology, and relevant software programs or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience designing databases. Experience in research and/or evaluation is a plus.
* Excellent conceptual, analytical, and critical thinking skills and the ability to process a great deal of information with attention to detail and accuracy while observing the broader meaning in context of the Institute's work.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to translate research and evaluation concepts and results into language that can be readily understood by a diverse audience.
* The ability to solicit ideas and interactions from others, and work in a consultative, collaborative mode.
* A team-oriented work style, respect for diversity, and the ability to relate to highly qualified individuals.
* The ability to support and assist others under pressure in a well-organized, calm manner.
* High ethical standards and a healthy sense of humor.
* A commitment to the mission and goals of the Institute.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
* Working with Research Design and Evaluation, Information Systems, and Communications teams to develop systems that collect, analyze and present research results, reports, and other materials that further the mission and work of the Institute.
* Developing and creating new questions, hypotheses, and insights to analyze and present research, results, reports, and other materials.
* Working with the Information Systems and Services team to research, develop and implement appropriate technology for the creation of information management systems.
* Working with the Communications team to identify and present key themes, threads and other findings.
* Supporting and assisting the Program team by addressing questions, hypotheses and insights arising from the information, knowledge, and visual design systems.
* Facilitating the planning and implementation of data visualization systems and projects to create and produce information, materials, and presentations.
* Assisting the Research Design and Evaluation team in the collection, organization, coding, and filing of materials (paper and digital). Assisting in basic research, analysis, and evaluation of the same.
The Digital Asset and Knowledge Manager is part of the Research Design &
Evaluation team and reports to the Director of Research Design & Evaluation.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4553/