As part of the Division of Geology and Earth Resources, the Librarian provides
for and oversees the management and effective delivery of advanced, large,
complex, and mission-critical databases and applications by researching and
overseeing the acquisition, installation, maintenance, documentation,
security, upgrading, and troubleshooting of Library applications and
databases. The position will develop a seamless link between our digital
databases and various Division information databases including our
bibliographic databases. This position also compiles and publishes TsuInfo
Alert (bi-monthly). The position interacts closely with other section staff
and the public.
* Master of Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited library school.
* One year experience as a librarian.
* Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external groups and individuals for the development and distribution of data.
* Proficient in the use and management of library database software.
* Minimum one year of experience providing information services to the general public or directed fieldwork or an internship in a public library for recent graduates.
* Must have current working knowledge of PC's in a Windows environment, library applications and be able to use on-line, Internet searching methods and information resources.
* Must have experience with a library management system (LMS), for example, Horizon library automation.
* Candidates must be flexible, able to handle multiple competing priorities and tasks, adaptable to change, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4598/