Serves as a representative of the University, displaying courtesy, tact,
consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of the
Rice community and with the public.
The Library Web Applications Developer II designs, develops, codes, tests,
implements and manages innovative and complex web-based applications that
improve the user experience in discovering, accessing, and using library
resources and services. S/he gathers requirements, writes code, maintains
documentation and works with the Web/Graphic Designer on web design and
layout. S/he is responsible for maintaining various local and cloud based
Computer/information science/systems or an equivalent
May substitute additional related experience, above and beyond what is
required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the education
Five years of progressive work experience in designing, developing, coding and
maintaining data-driven applications. Three years of work experience in
maintaining Windows and Unix/Linux servers in a large networked environment.
* Experience in an academic library.
* Experience with search/library discovery and/or repository applications.
* Project management experience.
Other Skills Preferred
* Solid understanding of current web standards as recommended by W3C including accessibility standards and cross browser issues.
* To work with open source products - Plone, Python, Drupal, Fedora and DSpace
* To design relational databases using any of the following - MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL,or SQL server.
* To work in a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) or Tomcat environment.
* To work in Linux, Windows, and Mac platforms.
* Expert level HTML and CSS, with understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
* Strong creative, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and work in a team.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4311/