Apologies for the cross postings . . . . . . .
LAC Group is looking for an experienced, service-oriented, part-time, Evening and Weekend Library Associate to work for our client, a premier academic university, located in New Orleans, LA. This position provides services for the patrons of the Library primarily during the evening and weekend hours of operation. Responsibilities include staffing the library service desk, checkout and discharge of patron material, circulation, stack maintenance, and serials processing. This position will provide assistance to library patrons locally, by telephone, and by e-mail. Provides guidance to student service desk assistants and ensures that facilities and equipment are maintained.
* Maintains stacks and shelves of Business Library collections including reference, media, and circulating stacks;
* Review of Voyager In-Transit Reports;
* Indirect oversight and training of student assistants for stack maintenance including re-shelving of materials, shelf-reading, and inventory;
* Daily serials processing. Ensures that current subscription titles are received by Library when due. Revises and corrects periodical cataloging & holdings records as directed;
* Staffs the Library Service Desk as needed;
* Use Voyager circulation system to check-out materials to faculty, staff, and students;
* Answers directional and basic information questions at the Service Desk, on telephone and by email;
* Provides oversight to student assistants and serves as a model of professionalism;
* Assists with supervision of student assistants that work during the weekend and evening hours;
* Other duties as required or requested.
* Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
* Library experience.
* Computer proficiency.
* Ability to learn new processes.
* Regular and prompt attendance; willingness to work nights and weekends.
* Circulation and stack maintenance experience.
* Knowledge of business information resources.
* College degree.
For immediate consideration, please apply at http://goo.gl/mEQp1
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace