**Posted by:** The HistoryMakers
Chicago, IL, US
_The HistoryMakers_, a 501 (c ) (3) non profit African American video oral
history archive, seeks to hire a **Full Time Database/IT Administrator** in a
cross-platform MAC/OS, Windows environment. Your responsibilities will
include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Maintenance of the organization's system architecture and IT network consisting of approximately 30 Windows workstations and Windows 2008 server running Xendata HSM, a NAS Appliance, an LTO-4 Library, 2 Apple X-Serve Servers; Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, installing server hardware, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
* Front tier support for a digital video network and archival network comprised of a Database administrator for organization's Microsoft Access, MYSQL, FileMaker and Drupal databases ensuring the accuracy, interconnectivity of all system databases;
* Define and analyze data requirements needed to support the business processes within the scope of corresponding information systems.
* Clean up and maintenance of the organization's FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Access, MYSQL and Drupal databases.
* Have great communication skills and project coordination skills
* Must be flexible and extremely well organized
* Must be able to learn on one's feet
* Must be knowledgeable and experienced with Microsoft Access and/or FileMaker Pro
* Must be experienced at system documentation and file management
* 2+ years of experience with the clean up, maintenance and design of FileMaker Pro and Microsoft Access databases along with their associated applications; database clean up, design and development using SQL Server 2008, SQL Queries, Apple OSX Server and X-Serve hardware, stored procedures, views, SQL Reporting Services, etc.;
* 1-3 years of experience with Microsoft 2003/2007 Server or Small Business Server and with Active Directory and Exchange and familiarity with layer 2-3 networking concepts including commonly used TCP-UDP ports, IPD subnet addressing and routing and basic network troubleshooting;
* Detailed-oriented and committed to the organization's mission with the ability to work 50-60 hours per week; and
* Prior experience with an early stage organization and the desire to work in a non-profit environment
_The HistoryMakers_ is a growing and dynamic 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit
organization dedicated to creating an unprecedented national video oral
history archival institution recording the stories of both well known and
unsung African American HistoryMakers. The goal is to record at least 5000
oral history interviews and to expose this material to the public through
strategic media, technology, academic and community partnerships.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5028/