Under general direction, managesselection, licensing and
implementation of electronicfor
the JuneauPublic Libraries.
* Identifiesnew resources, sets uptrials, coordinatesstaff evaluation process, recommendspurchase, and negotiates license termsfor databasesand programs.
* Participatesin planning and implementation of electronic resource sharing projects with other librariesaround the state.
Leadsprogram team to
developeducational and outreach
programsand online resources.
* Producesand coordinatesinnovative online contentto deliver library serviceseffectively by nontraditionalmethods.
* Developsonline tutorials, preparesand conducts classes.
* Worksone-on-one with adultand staff to introduce new technologies, such asuse of ereaders, library mobile apps, and new databases.
Managesprojects thatenhance library
programsand extend the scope of technology in the library.
May seek grant opportunitiesand write
grants. Examplesof recentand ongoing
* Managing an enhanced broadband projectwith the Alaska State Library;
* Managing the federal erate application and reporting process;
* Assisting the Library Director to prepare a grantfor new library construction.
Worksregular shifts at public service
deskswith major reference responsibilities.
Providesreference backupfor other
library staff as well astechnology
assistance to staff and public.
Education: Master of Library Science, Master of Library
Information Science, or equivalent
degree from an American Library Association accredited
SUBSTITUTION: A Bachelor'sdegree including some course work
inlibrary or information science, media services, or a
closely related field; AND one (1) year of experience asa
Experience: The preferred candidate will
have recent MLS/MLIS coursework or experience in the use
and organization of
Desirable: Supervisory experience in a
library environment is desirable.
Experiences maintain records in a
bibliographic database are desirable. Experience in the configuration of
databases and network connections; ability to use
HTML and other webpublication tools;
familiarity with data collection and survey instruments, both paper and
online; experience organizing and
presenting programsand/or classesfor the
public. Demonstrated oral and written communication
skills and dedication to public service;
ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, coworkers,
and public is essential.
Employee must have accessto reliable transportation
toself to library branches.
NOTE: Thisa benefited position. For
more detailsbenefits, please
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5132/