Apologies for the cross postings . . . . .
LAC Group is seeking a full-time Web Applications Developer to join a contract supporting USAID's Knowledge Services Center. In order to be considered, candidates for the role of Application Development Specialist must have a bachelors in computer science, information management, information science or related degree; or in a related field, as well as some experience in international development, 2-4 years' experience may be substituted; additional 2-4 years' experience in relational, statistical, library, textual, document and content management database application integration and administration and internet related software. The Web Application Developer will be part of a dynamic, multi-unit team of information professionals. Must be a United States Citizen in order to be considered.
This position will be responsible for support, adaptation and integration of COTS web and client/server applications, which will support USAID and the Knowledge Services Center. The applicant must have knowledge and experience in web-based and database driven application development. The Web Application Developer is expected to conduct system analysis, development and routine maintenance, with limited support from professional staff, to keep systems current with changing technologies. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Analyze, define and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, auditing, reporting requirements and production configuration.
* Write and maintain functional and technical specifications.
* Create test plans, test data sets and automated testing to ensure all components of the system meet specifications.
* Analyze code for problem resolution and performance optimizations.
* Provide technical consulting and respond to error reports, problems or questions.
* Analyze, install and test commercial software for internal use. Provide technical support for third party systems integrated with USAID applications.
* Monitor the performance of USAID applications and servers and assist with technical support as required.
* Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
* Work as a team with employees for whom programs are being maintained or developed and interact in a positive and friendly manner with clients and coworkers.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Must have a Bachelor's degree in in computer science, information management, information science or related degree.
* Demonstrated experience in development with a Microsoft SQL Server environment and experience with HTML5, CSS, XSLT, XML, and JSON.
* Demonstrated experience with software versioning and change control.
* Ability to debug problems caused by hardware, operating systems software, application programs, or network failures.
* Be familiar with the rules regarding software interface design set by Section 508 - Amendment to the Rehabilitation Act.
* Be familiar with both Visual Studio and Net Beans IDE.
* Demonstrated experience with Mobile Platform Development.
* Demonstrated experience in user needs analysis, systems design and systems testing using industry accepted techniques for debugging, fixing and improving applications throughout their development life-cycle.
* Demonstrated experience in relational, statistical, library, textual, document and content management database application design and administration.
* Ability to learn new technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies.
* Demonstrated knowledge and application of a variety of PC operating systems, software packages and utilities.
* Must have excellent written communication skills and demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
* Must be able to work independently and as a team member
For more information & to apply, please visit http://goo.gl/E8GXD
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.