Harvard University IT Library Technology Services (LTS) is seeking a
Production Systems Librarian to consult with users, providing user and
technical support for central library systems used in the academic and
research mission of the University. The Production Systems Librarian will
triage, analyze and resolve service requests and problems reported by members
of the user community as well as providing in-depth technical support for
selected applications such as Aleph. This person, as a member of the
Infrastructure and Production Services group, will collaborate with Harvard
Library staff as well as other groups within LTS to provide excellent customer
service and smooth running of the enterprise library technology applications.
The key responsibilities include the following:
* Manages support ticketing systems for all LTS production applications, directly resolving tickets or determining the course of action and consult with appropriate Tier 3 resources including external vendors.
* As a knowledgeable advisor in library/library technology, provide complex level user support for a segment of the LTS portfolio including Aleph cataloging, acquisitions, and security applications, working directly with librarians on their individual, specialized needs.
* Consult directly with library staff who submit requests and problems.
* Prepare and issue timely announcements related to production problems and outages.
* Manage queues for common user support issues and create and maintain entries in the support knowledge base about problems resolution.
* Do scripting to customize and maintain assigned LTS applications. In addition, do quality assurance testing for new releases.
* Identify persistent support problems and recommend follow-up actions (i.e analysis for potential solutions, alternative documentation/training opportunities, automation).
Education and/or Experience and Skills
* Masters in Library and Information Science or equivalent experience required
* 2-3 years experience working in a research library
* Demonstrated aptitude for technical analysis and problem solving
* Ability to think analytically and explain technical concepts and functions to non-technical staff.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities
* Familiarity with unix fundamentals
* Experience with Aleph/Hollis.
* Experience working in a Harvard library
* Experience as a Systems Librarian
* Experience in programming or troubleshooting in an IT systems environment
* Demonstrated technical problem-solver.
* Knowledge of a scripting language such Java script or PHP.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5056/