ABOUT THE AMERICAN PLANNING ASSOCIATION
The American Planning Association is an independent, not-for-profit
educational organization that provides leadership in the development of vital
communities by advocating excellence in community planning, promoting
education and citizen empowerment, and providing the tools and support
necessary to meet the challenges of growth and change.
**THE APA TEAM**
As a thought leader and national professional membership organization, the
American Planning Association is heavily invested in providing comprehensive,
authoritative, and practical information via print and electronic publication
channels. The APA is seeking an intelligent and creative individual who is
motivated to contribute to the organization's ambitious electronic
publications and data management initiatives.
**JOB DESCRIPTION - CONTENT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT**
The Content Management Assistant manages and tracks copyright and other
permissions agreements for all APA content. The position acts as a liaison to
print and e-publications vendors and works with graphic designers, editors,
and IT staff to manage final design files and metadata records for all
content. The position works closely with the Manager of Content Strategy to
maintain integrity of metadata and works with the editorial team, Manager of
Content Strategy, and Digital Asset Coordinator to coordinate publishing and
**Position Duties Include:**
• Serves as contact for print and e-publications vendors.
• Acts as liaison with R. R. Bowker, Library of Congress, external
distributors, and other partners to obtain and distribute key publications
data (ISBN , ISSN, LCCN assignment, etc.)
• Maintains precise records of copyright permissions obtained from authors.
• Handles inbound permissions requests in structured and consistent fashion
• Assists Manager of Content Strategy with recordkeeping related to
relationships with aggregators and other content partners (EBSCO, Copyright
Clearance Center, etc.)
• Performs quality checks on all publication metadata assigned by editorial
• Maintains files for author contracts and permissions.
• Assists Manager of Content Strategy with development and enforcement of file
management best practices.
**WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR**
• Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, or related field.
• Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of standard publications practices.
• Working knowledge in Adobe CS5 and Adobe InCopy and working knowledge of
XML, metadata, and taxonomies.
• Awareness of e-publications standards and developing trends.
• Ability to manage a high volume of records with efficiency and accuracy.
• Fluency with standard applications in Microsoft Office Suite.
**WHY JOIN THE TEAM**
• Join a talented and motivated team
• Work in a creative, fun, and collaborative environment using latest
• Excellent benefits, vacation, and competitive salary
• Excellent opportunity for professional growth
**HOW TO APPLY**
Send cover letter (required) and resume to: [log in to unmask]
The American Planning Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5082/