SAA ACQUISITIONS & APPRAISAL SECTION - SOCIAL MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS
The Acquisitions and Appraisal Section invites applications for an intern
position to manage the social media and communications of the section. The
intern will be responsible for developing and maintaining social media and
communications efforts under the directorship of the section chair.
This is an unpaid appointment with an expectation of approximately one hour of
work per week with a start date of approximately January 7, 2013. The position
usually runs from August to August of each year. Preference will be given to
applicants who can remain in the position until August 2014. The intern will
increase and maintain the section's social media presence. He/she/per will
also provide support for the official communications of the section, including
dissemination of any publications or newsletters. The intern will work closely
with the Chair, Vice-Chair, and Web Liaison and will be responsible for
keeping records of activities and procedures for his/her/per successor and
staying current in acquisition and appraisal issues.
• Current enrollment in a graduate archival education program.
• Knowledge of social media outlets such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+,
Pinterest, Twitter, etc.
• Knowledge of and willingness to keep updated with current research, tools,
and methods in acquisition and appraisal topics
• Ability to participate in section meetings virtually or in-person. (Please
note, the intern is not expected to attend the annual section meeting at SAA,
but is expected to attend teleconferences/web conferences held throughout the
• Current SAA membership with preference given to section members.
• Ability to manage personal image online.
• Demonstrate initiative and identify new PR opportunities, innovative
thinker, able to work independently
• Ability to communicate efficiently in writing
Submit a current resume along with a brief statement (up to 150 words) on how
the section could improve its online presence to the vice chair,
virginia_hunt(at)harvard.edu and chair, luglean(at)uwyo.edu. Applications are
due December 16, 2012.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4851/