SUPERVISOR: Head, Research Support and
Through active outreach and participation with the campus community, the
Educational Technology & Reference Librarian shares responsibility for
coordinating and supporting campus educational technology planning,
pedagogical applications, support of instructional technology, library
reference services and bibliographic instruction to students, faculty and
staff. The Educational Technology and Reference librarian
interacts directly with faculty and students to serve their library and
educational technology needs, partners with academic departments and programs
to advance research and learning and plays a major role in Tri-College (Bryn
Mawr, Haverford & Swarthmore) library and IT development.
* Plays a major role in Tri-College library information technology development, particularly regarding educational technologies used inside and outside the classroom.
* Stays informed of new instructional technology and other library IT developments.
* Partners with individual faculty and students, academic departments and other campus groups to advance educational technology use and learning. Supports curriculum, pedagogy, research and grant projects.
* Provides research consultation, instruction, and workshops designed to foster the use of library information resources and the effective application of library technologies in scholarship and teaching. Engages in information literacy initiatives with faculty, administrators and library colleagues.
* Performs general reference and access services duties, including staffing the Reference Desk and responding to reference requests via phone and email.
* Contributes to development, design and maintenance of the library website and social media accounts.
* Prepares annual and special reports.
* Plays a major role in the professional activities of the Department.
* May hire, train, direct and review the work of student assistants.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Advanced knowledge of instructional technology support in a multi-platform, network intensive environment.
* Ability to stay abreast of emerging educational technologies, pedagogical developments in higher education and creative strategies for engaging learners through technology.
* Demonstrated ability to teach bibliographic skills and provide reference services to library patrons.
* Advanced experience with bibliographic databases in a variety of electronic formats. Advanced knowledge of emerging information technologies, including major social media platforms
* Advanced knowledge of HTML and/or other Web editing languages and applications.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills, with an emphasis on details and follow through. * Superior interpersonal skills and a customer-service orientation.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and to initiate necessary work procedures according to guidelines set by the supervisor.
Additional requirements include knowledge of emerging information and
instructional technologies, reference services experience and experience
providing technology support in a multi-platform, network intensive
environment are required. Some of the educational technology tools include:
Moodle, Tegrity, clickers, LibGuides, WordPress, Skype, Facebook, Twitter,
Zotero, EndNote, iOS, and others. Detailed knowledge and experience with any
or all of these is highly desired.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master's of Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited
institution, a Master's degree in Instructional/Educational Technology,
similarly accredited or other advanced degree with relevant work experience;
minimum of three years of professional experience in instructional technology
or library public services. Knowledge of educational technology and other
emerging information technologies required.
Experience providing support in a multi-platform, network intensive
environment required. MA or Ph.D. in an appropriate subject field is highly
desirable. Experience in or aptitude for Web design highly desirable. Relevant
experience, continuing education credits, or training which provides the
necessary scope in skills, abilities, and knowledge considered pertinent.
* Excellent hearing/speaking skills.
* Vision sufficient to see and interpret all job related materials.
* Good manual dexterity.
* Ability to be mobile between workstations and Library buildings.
Bryn Mawr College is a private liberal arts institution that serves a
population of 1,800 students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Located approximately 12 miles west of Philadelphia, PA, the College has a
long tradition of educational excellence offering a dynamic and challenging
workplace conducive to professional growth. The College offers a competitive
salary, comprehensive benefits package including 22 paid vacation days, and a
generous pension contribution.
Review of applications will begin January 7, 2013 and continue until the
position is filled. For a complete job description, visit the Information
Services website at http://www.brynmawr.edu/is/employment.html.
For immediate consideration please send cover letter, resume, and list of
three professional references to [log in to unmask]
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4972/