North Canton, OH
We are looking for a creative and technical individual who will oversee the
implementation of a digital cataloguing, archiving, storage and management
initiative for a large technically and source diverse collection of physical,
analog and digital, photographic, video, audio, graphic, and web multi-media
assets. We are looking for someone with
a project management mindset to understand the varied needs, demands and
requirements for utilization of assets, and determine the best technology to
implement. This position will be responsible for the
cataloguing, archiving and storage, in both virtual and physical
assets. At the direction of various departments and project
teams, this position will provide creative direction and production services
to create new media, both from in-house and third-party sources. As member of
our Invent Now Studio Team this position will cultivate and produce new media-
related ideas and content for website, exhibits and educational programs from
* Ability to script, storyboard, produce, edit, and otherwise create entertaining and educational content, such as video, and multi-media content in support of varied Invent Now programs and projects.
* Serve as advocate, historian and resource for archived media assets providing both creative and production support for those who have need and desire to utilize the content to advance the mission and purpose of Invent Now and the National Inventors Hall of Fame.
* Use, and promote the use by others, of the archived assets for revenue generating and mission achieving marketing, and fundraising; for entertaining and educational enhancements, extensions and improvements to existing programs and projects, such as recognition events, summer camp and afterschool programs and exhibits and other cultural activities, for enhancing and enriching Invent Now web content.
* Experience in state-of-the-art systems and methodologies to catalogue, organize, archive, store and retrieve both existing assets in a currently warehoused diverse and large collection of analog and digital photography, art, graphics video an multi-media assets, as well as physical art, graphics, photographs and artifacts.
* Experience in the use and operation of various new and outdated formats of digital and analogue cameras, audio and video recording and playback equipment as well and modern digital image manipulation and editing equipment.
* Experience with photographing, recording and editing high quality digital still and motion photography, video and audio, including a familiarization with standard studio equipment, editing hardware and software, and production techniques and practices.
* Requires at a minimum familiarity and proficiency in the Mac editing tools, and the Microsoft Office suite of tools and software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate on projects and day-to-day activities with creative staff and management, as well as functional and administrative staff and management.
* Ability to function and thrive in a project matrix environment that requires both individual contribution and team work on a daily basis
* High level attention to detail that may be conveyed formally, as well as casually, regarding project plans, goals, designs, schedules and budgets.
* Ability to manage and be responsible for a state-of-the art asset management system and to train others to understand and utilize the system to access and manipulate assets for their own purposes.
* Utilize time effectively to meet assigned deadlines.
* Ability to adhere to budgets and schedules as presented by project management.
Invent Now Inc., offers a comprehensive salary and a benefit package that
* Life Insurance
* Dependent Life Insurance
* Short & Long Term Disability
* 401(k) with company match
* On Site Fitness Center
* Outdoor Walking Track
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4996/