Provides general collections management support for objects, archives and
research specimens in the collections of the National Museum of Health and
Medicine. Creates and maintains inventories, images, data and guides to the
collections using best practices. Fulfills research requests for inventories,
data, documentation and images in accordance with policy. Assists researchers
in accessing materials, setting up equipment, and generally facilitating use
of the materials. Uses computer graphics programs for image management and to
create posters or slides for use in presentations. Assists in writing reports
and visitor/student handout materials as required. Assists in the supervision
of interns and volunteers.
* Responsible for creation and maintenance of inventories and guides for the collections.
* Assists, resolves and fills data requests for researchers, collaborators and staff.
* Expedites transfer of files between NMHM sites and requesting researchers or collaborators as required.
* Assists in museum collections management tasks.
* Assists with installation and de-installation of exhibits and tracking of exhibits items
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Library Science, Biology, Museum Studies, Anthropology or a related field.
* 1-2 years museum or archives collections management experience required. Experience with wet tissue or histological collections preferred.
* Museum or archives collections experience required.
* Demonstrated experience in dealing with science/research or patient records preferred.
* Demonstrated skills using database in a museum/archive setting.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5178/