The Nimitz Library, United States Naval Academy, seeks a dynamic librarian
with experience, energy, initiative, enthusiasm, and a strong service
orientation to serve as the Electronic Resources Librarian (ERL). The ERL
provides support for a wide range of activities related to the selection,
acquisition, and management of electronic resources, and works collaboratively
with other stakeholders. The ERL reports to the Head of Collection
* Coordinates access to and support of Nimitz Library's electronic resources.
* Evaluates current and new electronic resources in collaboration with other staff.
* Maintains documentation on electronic resources, including license agreements.
* Assists in implementing, updating, and maintaining an electronic resource management system.
* Coordinates gathering of electronic resources usage data.
* Maintains vendor relations.
* Provides comprehensive reference service at a general reference desk.
* Provides training in the use of electronic resources.
* The Naval Academy is the Navy's undergraduate college, with some 4,500 students, approximately 570 civilian and military faculty, and 21 major fields of study in three academic divisions (eight in Engineering, seven in Math & Science, and six in Humanities/Social Sciences). The Academy has produced two Rhodes Scholars in the past year alone.
The Nimitz Library has a user-oriented staff of 36 FTE positions (including 20
professional librarians) and over 500,000 volumes of books and bound
periodicals, plus government documents, microforms, extensive holdings in
Special Collections and Archives, and a growing array of electronic resources.
For additional information, visit Nimitz Library on the web.
Located in Annapolis, the capital of Maryland, the Naval Academy is 30 miles
from Washington, D.C. and 25 miles from Baltimore, in the beautiful Chesapeake
Minimum salary is $51,630 (first step of GS-9 pay scale) or higher depending
upon experience and other qualifications. The first step of the GS-11 pay
grade is $62,467.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5298/