Union Institute & University, a national university for adult students
offering programs of study leading to bachelor's, master's and doctoral
degrees, is seeking an experienced individual for a Systems Librarian /
Technologist vacancy at its Cincinnati headquarters. Primary responsibilities
include administration, management, and configuration of library automation
technologies including proxy server, EOS Library Management System, web link
resolver tools, ILLIAD, and other electronic resources and utilities. This
person will also share in the design and maintenance of the library website
and will troubleshoot library software and network/server problems. S/he will
work to bring new technologies to library staff and users and will provide
training in same.
1. An ALA-accredited Masters in Library Science degree along with several
years of post-degree work experience in library systems and automation
technologies is strongly preferred although applicants with a computer science
Bachelor's (or similar) degree along with the same work experience will also
2. Experience evaluating and selecting library hardware and software systems
3. Working knowledge of relevant programming languages, applications, and
regular expressions, XML and .NET);
4. Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and
communication skills, and a commitment to the principles and practices of
online pedagogy and information literacy;
5. Preference for working in a fully online academic library environment;
6. Familiarity with digital library applications and standards including open
source, cataloging and metadata standards, etc.;
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
This is a full time position with benefits.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the
position is filled. Applicants should send a cover letter, current resume, and
a list of three professional references, to [log in to unmask]
Union Institute & University, established in 1964, is a private, non-profit
university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the
North Central Association.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5597/