Institution: Stephen F. Austin State University
Location: Nacogdoches, TX
Admin - Computing - Web Development
Admin - Computing - Programming/Analyst
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Posting Number: 0602165
Position Type: Non-Classified Staff
Department: LIB - ADM OFFICES
This is a professional position responsible for assisting the head of web
services in developing the library's web presence, including open source and
vendor-supplied application development and support, database management,
custom web design, and template development and deployment. Works under
limited supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and
independent judgment. This is a security-sensitive position. Reports to the
head of web services.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides programming and support for open source applications, as well as
integration with vendor-based API and web services components.
2. Creates and supports custom discovery layer utilizing the library's ILS,
digital collection management system, web-scale discovery service, etc.
3. Develops custom web site templates as requested by library departments and
approved by the manager of library web services.
4. Manages the ContentDM database by overseeing design, structure, template
creation, user accounts, access and deployment of database elements.
5. Trains library staff in deployment of web content.
6. Advises staff on content formatting, editing, structure, file types, etc.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
1. Keeps the head of web services informed about the status of all operating
problems and projects.
2. Serves on library and university committees as needed.
3. May be required to work flexible schedule.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of advanced web site design, including ability to develop
3. Organizational skills in managing projects simultaneously while maintaining
a satisfactory work product.
4. Ability to think conceptually and creatively.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
6. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
7. Ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
8. Ability to work independently with general supervision.
9. Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is required. Related
experience may be substituted for required education on a basis set forth by
the Department of Human Resources.
Experience and Training:
One year of related experience is required.
Work Hours: Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Special Instructions: Applicant must provide at least three references.
Minimum Pay Rate: 31,800
Mid Point Pay Rate: 41,300
Contact Name(s): David Justus, Associate Director for Library Technology
Contact Phone/Extension: 936.468.1421
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
Contact Fax: 936.468.7610
Contact: Stephen F. Austin State University
Online App. Form:
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5947/