University of California Santa Barbara Library seeks
aLearning Organization Librarian
Under the direction of the Associate University Librarian for Organizational
Effectiveness, the Learning Organization Librarian position is responsible for
leading efforts that
maintain and enhance on-going learning within the organization. To promote
effectiveness, the successful candidate will be responsible for defining,
implementing the organization's learning and development programs for
Staff and Student Assistant positions and for ensuring the assessment and
improvement of these programs. Working collaboratively with department and
unit leaders, the
incumbent will facilitate processes to enable UCSB Library to become a
Duties & Responsibilities
• Design, implement, evaluate and deliver programs to develop Library
competencies, professional growth, leadership development and continuous
learning across the
• Work with all levels in the Library to determine core competencies and
service quality required
for key positions within the organization and identify specific resources to
and maintenance of those competencies and service qualities.
• Build effective partnerships with campus HR colleagues and within the
Library to provide
• Develop and implement the use of learning objectives, training assessments,
rubrics and other
processes to ensure the effectiveness of the learning and development
• Perform needs analyses and review organizational resources to ensure that
development resources exist or are developed to support projected
qualities and organizational changes in alignment with the short and long-term
goals of the
• Identify and implement standardized timelines, orientation, on-the-job and
other learning and
developmental activities required for acquisition of core competencies and
required knowledge and skills.
• Provide training for Librarians, Staff and Student
Assistants. Assist others in providing training
for Librarians, Staff and Student Assistants.
• Research and identify external vendors that meet the Library's training
needs and work well in
our academic environment.
• Continuously evaluate learning activities and resources within the
instructor performance, to determine their effectiveness in meeting stated
• Design, develop and maintain a library of learning resources.
• Assist as appropriate in the recruitment of librarian positions.
• Serve on Library or University committees as appropriate.
• ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent.
• Experience in the training/development initiatives of an organization, in
library instruction at anacademic library, or the
• Demonstrated knowledge of learning concepts, training-and-development
• Experience in developing and delivering adult-learning processes,
techniques, and evaluation methodologies.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group facilitation
and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical, statistical, quantitative, and deduction skills and
ability to make qualitative
judgments of training, education and development resources in all types and
• Strong planning and project management skills and ability to apply these
skills in effectiveworking partnerships across
• Potential for leadership in a collaborative and collegial setting.
• Productive attitude and enthusiasm for an innovative and changing
• Ability to multitask and manage detail.
The Department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to
the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research,
teaching and service. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity
Affirmative Action employer.
Please send resume and cover letter with three professional references to the
Associate University Librarian
Organizational Development & Effectiveness
University of California Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara CA 93106-9010
[log in to unmask]
To receive full consideration, applications should be received by January 31,
2013. Position is open untilfilled.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5319/