Apologies for the cross postings . . . . . . . .
LAC Group is looking for an experienced, service-oriented, part-time (20 hours per week), Library Technician to work for our client, a premier academic university, located in New Orleans, LA. This position provides services for the patrons of the Library during normal working hours. Responsibilities include assisting with processing course reserves, revision and correction of cataloging records under the direction of the Business Librarian, interlibrary loan processing, checkout and discharge of patron material requests. This position will also staff the library service desk and provide assistance to library patrons locally, by telephone, and by e-mail. This position provides guidance to student service desk assistants and oversight of in the absence of the Business Librarian.
* Course reserves processing, including collecting and maintenance of course reserve request forms;
* Communicates course reserves processing guidelines and processes with faculty and teaching assistants;
* Assists with cataloging data entry and correction of catalog records;
* Staffs the Library Service Desk as needed;
* Use Voyager circulation system to check-out materials to faculty, staff, and students.;
* Answers directional and basic information questions at the Service Desk, on telephone and by email using online resources, library catalog, and E-Journals list, and other resources;
* Label and technical processing of course reserves and cataloged library materials;
* Assists with the processing of interlibrary loan requests through the OCLC First Search system;
* Processes and returns interlibrary loan materials;
* Other duties as required or requested whether or not specifically listed on this job description.
* Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
* Library experience.
* Computer proficiency.
* Ability to learn new processes.
* Regular and prompt attendance; willingness to work occasional nights or weekends.
* Knowledge of cataloging practices and procedures and knowledge of library automated systems.
* Knowledge of business information resources.
* College degree.
For immediate consideration, apply at http://goo.gl/YDN3i
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/LAC_Jobs
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.