• Associate degree in Computer Science & Information Technology or related
field PLUS minimum of two years of fulltime development and server
administration experience in a Linux/Solaris environment OR, if no associate
degree in Computer Science & Information Technology or related field, four
years of full time development and server administration experience.
• Demonstrated experience administering Web servers, including Apache and
Tomcat, and database servers, including MySQL.
• Demonstrated experience implementing and supporting open source
• Working knowledge of a programming or scripting language, such as Perl or
• Demonstrated experience in server virtualization.
• Strong customer service attitude; enthusiasm for working in a collaborative
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Experience working with library applications such as Voyager, DSpace,
• Familiarity with long term storage systems for archiving purposes.
• Experience working with authorization/authentication mechanisms such as
LDAP, CAS, Shibboleth.
• Experience supporting a versioning system
• Maintain the hardware and software infrastructure in our Linux/Solaris
environment including support of Web servers, application servers, versioning
platform, etc. Install and configure server operating systems and related
layered software, ensuring data, security standards, and procedures are
maintained. • Perform shell scripting and programming in appropriate
• Liaison with campus IT units to manage SAN storage/tape environment, system
backups, and security policies. Play an active role in the development and
deployment of new services and technologies.
• Work collaboratively with other members in the library, external open source
community, and vendor support staff in a team-based approach.
• Consult with application developers to diagnose and troubleshoot system
problems and recommend hardware/software purchases.
• Work in a team to manage system administration, web/application server
administration and database server administration, maintaining up-to-date
system documentation and managing code in a version-control system.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6209/