* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Three years of experience developing web-based applications may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
* Demonstrated proficiency:
* developing web applications using one or more of the following programming languages: PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, and
* working with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgresql.
* Strong customer service attitude; enthusiasm for working in a collaborative team-oriented environment
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
* Demonstrated experience working with any of the following:
* a Content Management System such as Drupal, Joomla, or WordPress
* repository applications (e.g., DSpace, Fedora, ContentDM)
* team-based development using version control systems such as Git or Subversion
* Knowledge of any of the following:
* LDAP, Shibboleth or other common methods of authentication
* Semantic Web and Linked Data concepts and technologies
* Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
* Knowledge of user-centered design, usability testing and web standards, including accessibility standards
* Formal coursework in, or experience with, user information-seeking behaviors in an academic environment, including creating and adapting web-based tools such as wikis, blogs, etc.
* Perform technical planning, development, and implementation of Web-based applications and interfaces, including mobile applications, to provide a seamless access environment to end users.
* Work collaboratively with technical and non-technical library staff to provide general web development guidance and expertise, and to implement enhancements to the Libraries website and electronic resources discovery and access systems.
* Support the ongoing development of the Libraries software infrastructure, including, but not limited to, institutional repositories (DSpace, and others), content management systems, web applications, and other library systems.
* Collaborate with other technology partners.
* Work with teams to manage system administration, web/application server administration and database server administration, maintaining up-to-date system documentation and managing code in a version-control system.
* Investigate new technologies and software applications.
* A letter of application. To greatly strengthen your application, please apply your communication skills to clearly address the position responsibilities and qualifications listed above, and demonstrate how your work style, vision, and other distinctive qualities would enhance our organization.
* A curriculum vitae
* Names and contact information for three professional references to [log in to unmask], attention Kim Piper. Please include Prog. i in the subject line. Deadline for applying is March 22, 2013.
Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees and is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Background check required.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6328/