Web & Digital Services Librarian sought by the Benjamin S. Rosenthal Library
at Queens College, the City University of New York
(http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/library). Anticipated start date is July 1, 2013.
The Web & Digital Services Librarian is responsible as point person and
coordinator for leading the ongoing activities required to maintain useful,
accessible and user-friendly delivery of the Queens College Libraries digital
library services. The Web & Digital Services Librarian is
responsible for design and delivery of a suite of library web sites and
augmentative digital services which are reflective of current standards and
best practices in academic library web site design, current pedagogical
technologies and teaching and learning trends. The
successful candidate reports to the Associate Librarian for Public Services
and will be a member of a digital library team, working closely with the
E-Resources Librarian, Library Systems Office staff and the campus and CUNY
technology units' members. The position may encompass
supervision. S/he will collaborate with the Resources
Development Committee and will participate in public services activities such
as research assistance, library instruction, collection development and
educational outreach to library personnel and Queens College students, faculty
Master's in Library Science (MLS), Master's in Library Information Studies
(MLIS), or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution is
For appointment as Assistant Professor, a second graduate degree is also
required, as are:
* At least one year of experience leading the design and maintenance of a library web site.
* Experience in applying Web standards for usability and ADA accessibility requirements.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proven ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
* Team and project management experience
* Experience maintaining EZProxy (or similar authentication system)
* Experience in developing online learning resources for instruction
* Academic library experience
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering
health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and
savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for
research, scholarship and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing
faculty professional development.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6180/