UC San Diego Manager of Infrastructure & Development, posting #65362
**Do you possess a passion for online learning and instructional technology tools, and the desire to lead others in building them?**
If so, join our team as Manager of Infrastructure and Development at UC San
Diego's Academic Computing and Media Services (ACMS).
Under the direction of Assistant Director of ACMS, you will
serve as lead Manager of our rapidly growing technical team. Your position
will organize, supervise, and direct the Infrastructure and Development group
in the development of instructional technology systems and software.
Manager, you will:
* Oversee a talented staff in the technical support, maintenance, and consistent uptime of large scale and mission critical campus-wide learning management software (LMS), such as Blackboard Learn.
* Use tools such as Windows Server/MAC OS Server, ASP.NET/PHP, MS SQL/MYSQL, though experience in other languages and technologies also encouraged.
You will serve as resident technical expert for the design and programming of
new instructional technology applications, ensuring they meet the requirements
and specifications of internal and external end users.
Key to this position
is to identify, establish, and continually refine a software development
process that includes documentation and user acceptance testing.
Your expertise and enthusiasm will help ensure quality in all the technical
systems and services we provide.
You will also be expected and supported to engage the wider instructional
technology development community, and stay abreast of the newest technologies.
We welcome new ideas and encourage innovative approaches.
The University California, San Diego is one of the world's leading public
research and teaching universities, located in beautiful La Jolla, California,
just minutes from the beach. UC San Diego employees enjoy competitive
compensation packages, world-class benefits, and educational opportunities in
a diverse, stimulating workplace. For more information about UC San Diego,
* Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field, or equivalent work experience which includes five or more years in software development with at least two years in Project Management. Additionally, proven ability and experience in managing a group of application programmer/analysts engaged in the development, implementation and maintenance of sophisticated computer applications and supporting databases.
* Demonstrated experience in compiled and interpreted languages and database technologies, such as, but not limited to: ASP.NET, PHP, MS SQL, and MYSQL. Programming experience in Windows and UNIX-based environments in a large-scale computing center.
* Demonstrated ability to manage and evaluate staff workload, available resources and adjust schedules and priorities as required, organize day-to-day activities and short and long term projects and to observe and evaluate employee performance and recommend corrective action when necessary. Ability to screen and interview candidates, and make recommendations for hire.
* Advanced knowledge of, and ability to implement and oversee software development processes at an enterprise level including requirements analysis, system design, coding, revision control, documentation, debugging, deployment, troubleshooting, maintenance and enhancement.
* Experienced with technical management functions, processes, operations, and responsibilities. Extensive experience managing multiple complex software development projects. Proven technical leadership and demonstrated ability to train and give work direction to staff, interns and student workers.
* Thorough knowledge of instructional technology Learning Management System and online learning platforms. Knowledge of other instructional software, such as Camtasia, Softchalk and Respondus.
* Advanced knowledge of secure software development.
* Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills. Eagerness to seek collaborations with internal and external groups and departments.
* Excellent project leadership skills. Demonstrated project management expertise and a track record of completing large projects on time and within budget. Ability to direct, manage and monitor multiple, complex IT initiatives occurring simultaneously.
To apply, visit: [http://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?ca
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6190/